Every week, USA Diving will have a “Fast Five Friday”. This feature will consist of five minutes with divers and coaches, five pieces of information, five frequently asked questions, top 5 lists and more! Comment below to let us know what five things, athlete or topic you would like to see featured next Friday!
Today’s Fast Five Friday: Five “Must Know” pieces of info for the Spring Junior Season:
- The deadline to change clubs has passed. All athletes who are competing in Region Meets must stay with their current club or may change to Unattached until after the East/West Nationals.
- The top six finishers in 11&U, 12-13, 14-15, and 16-18 springboard events at the Spring Junior Regions I, II, III, IV, and VII Championships who are U.S. citizens shall qualify in that event only for the East Junior Championships. The top six finishers in 11&U, 12-13, 14-15, and 16-18 springboard events at the Spring Junior Region V, VI, VIII, IX, and X Championships who are U.S. citizens shall qualify in that event only for the West Junior Championships. No diver who fails two or more dives may advance to the Spring East/West Junior National Championships.
- The top three (3) place finishers in each individual (official/springboard) event from the Spring East and West Junior National Championships shall be considered prequalified to the preliminaries of the Summer Age Group or Junior National Championships in the same event. The top three (3) place finishers in each springboard event from the Spring East and West Junior National Championships that become pre-qualified to the preliminaries of the Summer Junior National Championships in the same event shall also be prequalified to the preliminaries of the Summer Junior Zone Championships in the other springboard event.
- The entry fee for the Spring Junior Regional Championships and the East/West National Championships is $30 per event. Entries received after 5 p.m. Eastern Time 7 days before the competition starts, will be assessed a $100 penalty fee in addition to the $30 per event, and will be accepted online at divemeets.com until the final online cut off of 5 p.m. Eastern Time 2 days prior to the event. ONCE A DIVER SUBMITS AN ENTRY FOR AN EVENT, THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. PLEASE NOTE: REGISTRATION IS BASED ON WHEN THE TRANSACTION IS COMPLETED, NOT WHEN IT IS STARTED. Divers may register HERE.
- A Team Award Banner will be awarded to the team champions at each region meet. Team points will be awarded to the top 12 places in each event as follows: 15-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-4-3-2-1. Please refer to the 2012-2013 USA Diving Rulebook for more information on team scoring.