Height: 5’ 10”
Birthdate: September 11, 1984
Birthplace: Brandon, Fla.
Hometown: Brandon, Fla.
Current Residence: Athens, Ga.
Education: University of Georgia
Club: Georgia Dive Club
Trains: Athens, Ga.
Coach: Dan Laak
National Team: 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Chris is the son and only child of Chuck and Debbie Colwill. He is hearing impaired (with 60 percent hearing loss) and says it can be an advantage when competing. Chris listens to rock (prefers Linkin Park), likes to play golf and enjoys watching TV. His favorite shows are Lost, House, Friends and Family Guy. Chris started diving in 1990.
2012 Olympic Team Member – Men’s 3m Springboard
2008 Olympic Team Member
- 10-time national champion
- 1-meter (2005, 2006, 2007)
- 3-meter (2006, 2010, 2012)
- Synchronized 3-meter (2007, spring and summer, 2008, summer 2009)
- 2012 U.S. Olympic Team member (3-meter)
- 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trial Mens 3m Springboard Champion
- 2008 U.S. Olympic Team member (3-meter, synchronized 3-meter)
- 2008 U.S. Olympic Team Trials – silver medalist (3-meter)
- 2005 U.S. Open – gold medalist (3-meter)
- 2007 AT&T USA Diving Grand Prix (Bronze medalist)
- 2007 Comunidad de Madrid – (Bronze medalist)
- 2007 Italian Grand Prix – (Gold medalist)
- 2008 AT&T USA Diving Grand Prix (Silver medalist)
- 2008 Olympic Games (Fourth)
- 2009 FINA World Series, Mexico City (Silver medalist)
- 2011 International Springertag (Silver medal)
- Bronze medalist on 3-meter in three 2007 FINA Grand Prix meets
- Fourth on 3-meter at 2006 FINA World Cup
- Eighth on 3-meter at 2008 FINA World Cup
- 2008 Olympic Games (12th: His list had the highest degree of difficulty in the finals.)
- Bronze medalist on 3-meter 2009 AT&T USA Diving Grand Prix
- Eighth on 3-meter at 2009 FINA World Championships
- Ninth on 3-meter at 2012 FINA World Cup