Birthdate: January 10, 1992
Hometown: Shoreline, Wash.
Current Residence: Tallahassee, Fla.
Education: Florida State University
Major: Commercial Music
Club: Tomahawk Diving
Coach: John Proctor
National Team: 2013, 2014
Katrina is the daughter of Sean and Carol Young and has two siblings, Samantha and Eddie. Her grandmother, Elaine Young, was a 1948 Olympic sprinter. Katrina began diving at age nine and her favorite dive is 107B. After breaking her right leg across the growth plates in 2007, Katrina worked hard to regain her diving mentality and in 2013, she made the U.S. senior national team for the first time. During meets she likes to visualize and listen to music.
Her favorite food is salmon and her favorite TV Show is Alias. One of the moments Katrina remembers most throughout her diving career was competing at the Junior Pan American Championships in Fort Lauderdale when Hurricane Katrina hit.
- Won the 2014 World Cup synchronized trials with Amy Cozad in her first time competing in synchronized diving
- Young and Cozad won silver in synchronized 10-meter at a 2014 FINA Grand Prix meet in Puerto Rico
- Finished third on 10-meter at 2012 AT&T National Diving Championships and took fourth at 2013 USA Diving Winter National Championships
- Two-time ACC platform champion competing for Florida State
- Bronze medalist on platform at 2005 Junior Pan American Championships
- 2009 Diver or Athlete of the Year Seattle Times
- 2012 NCAA All-American