Height: 5’ 7”
Birthdate: October 20, 1992
Birthplace: Walnut Creek, Calif.
Hometown: Clayton, Calif.
Current Residence: Stanford, Calif.
Education: Stanford University
Club: Stanford Diving
Coach: Rick Schavone
National Team: 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Kristian is the son of Kent and Yvette Ipsen. He has a younger sister, Lauren. Kristian has been diving since 1998 and was featured in Sports Illustrated’s Faces in the Crowd. At age 8, he became the youngest diver to final on all three boards at the Junior National Championships and later became the youngest diver to win a junior national title. He dove for coach Phil Tonne at Diablo Divers before starting his collegiate career in the fall of 2011. In the summer, Kristian works at his family’s restaurants (Skipolini’s Pizza).
2012 Olympic Team - Men’s Synchro. 3m Springboard – Bronze Medalist
- Sixteen-time junior national champion
- Nine-time senior national champion
- Two-time junior world champion
- 2009 World Championships silver medalist (synchronized 3-meter)
- 2010 World Cup silver medalist (synchronized 3-meter)