Height: 5’ 5
Birthdate: July 4, 1992
Birthplace: Burnsville, Minn.
Hometown: Elk River, Minn.
Current Residence: Athens, Ga.
Education: University of Georgia
Club: Georgia Diving Club
Trains: Athens, Ga.
Coach: Dan Laak
National Team: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Laura is the daughter of Gary and Barb Ryan. She has two siblings. She started diving when she was 12 years old and had shoulder surgery in the summer of 2008 that kept her out of the pool for 9 months. Laura enjoys boating, camping and skiing, and loves Italian food.
- 2014 NCAA Diver of the Year after winning 1-meter and 3-meter titles and finishing third on platform at NCAA Championships
- 2012 World Cup team member
- Four-time national champion, all in synchronized events (has three 10-meter synchro titles and one in 3-meter synchro)
- Best finish on an individual event at nationals was third at the 2012 AT&T National Diving Championships
- Won bronze in 3-meter synchro with Abby Johnston at a 2014 FINA Grand Prix meet in Mexico
- Has won bronze in two other international events as well (3-meter synchro with Meghan Houston at 2013 World University Games, 10-meter synchro with Amy Cozad at 2012 AT&T Grand Prix)
- Best individual finish at an international meet was fourth on 3-meter at 2014 FINA Grand Prix meet in Puerto Rico