Height: 5’ 5”
Birthdate: August 2, 1991
Birthplace: Reston, Va.
Hometown: Arlington, Va.
Current Residence: Austin, Texas
Education: University of Texas (2014)
Major: Biology and History
Club: Longhorn Aquatics
Coach: Matt Scoggin
National Team: 2013, 2014, 2015
Maren is the daughter of Tony and Pamela Taylor and has one brother, Reid. She started diving in 1996 and was also a gymnast until her sophomore year in high school. Her favorite dive is 405B. She was away from diving for nearly a year after dislocating her elbow at the 2011 NCAA Championships.
Maren would like to become an environmental lawyer. She will attend the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, a graduate program at the University of Texas, beginning in the fall of 2015. She has also been accepted to the University of Colorado Law School and plans to defer enrollment until 2016 in order to continue training.
When she is not on the springboards, Maren enjoys scuba diving and skiing.
- Three-time senior national champion (3-meter, synchronized 3-meter at 2013 USA Diving Winter National Championships, 1-meter at 2013 AT&T National Diving Championships)
- Made her international debut at the 2013 World Championships, where she was a finalist on 3-meter
- 2014 FINA World Cup team member
- Won 3-meter bronze at 2014 FINA Grand Prix in Puerto Rico
- Won synchronized 3-meter bronze at 2014 FINA Grand Prix meets in Canada and Malaysia
- Runner-up on 1-meter and 3-meter at 2014 NCAA Championships