Height: 5’ 10”
Birthdate: August 9, 1991
Birthplace: Durham, N.C.
Hometown: Chapel Hill, N.C.
Current Residence: Durham, N.C.
Education: Duke University
Trains: Duke Diving
Coach: Nunzio Esposto
National Team: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Nick is the son of Doug and Ana McCrory. His uncle, Gordon Downie, won a bronze medal in swimming at the 1976 Olympics for Great Britain (800-meter free relay) Nick began diving in 1998, and his favorite diver is Lin Yue.
Nick would like to become a doctor, just like his father. He’s active in the Little People of America with his younger brother Lucas, and describes himself as arachnophobic, ambitious and level-headed. He likes to eat sushi, Chinese food and original glazed Krispy Kreme doughnuts (but only if they are hot). He also enjoys reading, music and driving.
2012 Olympic Team – Men’s Synchro. 10m Platform – Bronze Medalist
2012 Olympic Team – Men’s 10m Platform – 9th Place
- 2010 and 2011 NCAA platform champion, setting championship records in both meets
- Earned All-America honors on all three boards both years
- Four-time ACC champion
- Two-time ACC Male Diver of the Year
- ACC Men’s Swimming and Diving Freshman of the Year
- Three-time North Carolina high school state champion