Birthdate: August 30, 1991
Hometown: Tempe, Ariz.
Current Residence: Coral Gables, Fla.
Education: University of Miami (2015)
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Club: Miami Diving
Coach: Randy Ableman
National Team: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Sam is the son of Marla Dorman, a lab technician, and Paul Dorman, a P.E. teacher and has an older brother, Ben. Sam began diving at the age of eight, competed in his first junior nationals in 2004 and in his first senior nationals in 2008. His favorite dive is a 109C and during meets Sam tries to laugh and relax. When he’s not diving, Sam enjoys eating pizza and working on his car.
- Six-time national champion (four in synchronized 3-meter – most recently with Kristian Ipsen at 2015 Winter Nationals; 1 on 3-meter, 1 on 1-meter)
- 2015 World Championships team member
- 2014, 2016 World Cup team member
- Placed fourth on 3-meter at 2014 FINA Grand Prix in Mexico for his best finish in an international meet
- 2015 NCAA champion on 3-meter