Birthdate: August 30, 1991
Birthplace: Tempe, Ariz.
Hometown: Tempe, Ariz.
Current Residence: Coral Gables, Fla.
Education: University of Miami
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Club: Miami Diving
Coach: Randy Ableman
National Team: 2013, 2014
Sam is the son of Marla Dorman, a lab technician, and Paul Dorman, a P.E. teacher and has an older brother, Ben. Sam began diving at the age of eight, competed in his first junior nationals in 2004 and in his first senior nationals in 2008. His favorite dive is a 109C and during meets Sam tries to laugh and relax. When he’s not diving, Sam enjoys eating pizza and working on his car.
- Four-time national champion, all in 2013
- Won 1-meter, 3-meter and synchronized 3-meter (with Zac Nees) at the 2013 AT&T National Diving Championships
- Paired with David Boudia to win synchronized 3-meter at the 2013 USA Diving Winter National Championships
- Placed fourth on 3-meter at 2014 FINA Grand Prix in Mexico for his best finish in an international meet
- 2014 NCAA All-American on 1-meter