As Officials, club board members, judges, table officials, and diving fans stay active in the sport by volunteering at events (covered by liability insurance). Officials must pass a background check. (The fee for the background check is $16 and is processed when the membership is purchased.) The background check is required every two years.
Official member benefits:
- Eligible to judge USA Diving Events
- Official members are automatically covered by USA Diving’s liability insurance for coaching activities during scheduled and supervised practices of USA Diving member clubs and for USA Diving sanctioned competitions.This policy provides a minimum of $1,000,000 Commercial General Liability for those claims brought by third parties alleging third parties alleging bodily injury, property damage, personal or advertising injury caused by your acts or omissions. Higher limits are available for third parties who contractually require additional coverage. (Official members are not covered for deck access or any coaching activity.) To learn more about insurance, please visit our insurance page.
- Membership card (online)
- Inside USA Diving magazine
- Access to members-only webpage
- Powerchalk – (online video analysis tool) free standard account
- 15% discount off books and videos from Human Kinetics
- Optional online classes offered through Human Kinetics