Junior Elite Performance Squad (JEPS) divers who were selected from the 2010 Junior Nationals will remain on the squad for one more year and will be reassessed at the end of the 2012 season (August 2012). Exceptions to this will be any junior divers who age out of junior competition or begin collegiate diving. Those divers will move on from the JEPS and into the senior or collegiate ranks.
Additional selections to the JEPS squad for 2011-2012 will include:
- Any new winners of the following events at the 2011 USA Diving Junior Nationals (held in Knoxville, TN) will be eligible for selection to the JEPS
- 11/u all events
- 12/13 all events
- 14/15 3m and platform
- First year 16/18 3m and platform
- 14-18 3m and platform synchro
- Based upon same age criteria as 2010/2011 selection
There may also be additional selections from both the Junior Nationals and the Age Group Nationals, based on possible future potential as determined by the High Performance Director in conjunction with the Junior Program Manager, and with approval by the Committee for Competitive Excellence. These additional selections will be made according to the following criteria:
- Current and future potential for competitive dives
- Base fundamentals and skills
- Natural form and “diving” lines
- Natural strength
- Projected event specific performances
Please note: While results are primarily used for selection to the JEPS, at this time, we are not focusing on results alone. And future results while on the JEPS will not be a focus. The Junior Elite Performance Squad is designed for future performance success, not immediate results.