Auckland Diving Community Trust (New Zealand) – Head Diving Coach (posted 1/26/15)
Auckland is New Zealand’s largest city, with a population of around 1.4 million people. We enjoy a temperate climate, a clean and green image, a perfect pace and quality of life; and Auckland consistently rates as one of the world’s best cities in which to live.
Auckland Diving Community Trust is the organisation that runs diving on behalf of our city’s two diving clubs (Diving Waitakere and North Harbour Diving). It has an opportunity for an experienced Coach to live and work in our beautiful city.
ADCT is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and intelligent candidate for the head coach
position for the North Harbour and Waitakere diving clubs. Reporting to the ADCT Board, this is a full time, salaried position working with Age Group and Open athletes from recreational to elite level.
As head coach, you will be taking over responsibility for coaching our elite divers. We have some very exciting diving talent in our junior ranks and are consistently placing in the top three at NZ age-group national level. We also have one international level diver currently offshore and another who attended 2014 World Juniors. New Zealand has a proud sporting tradition and that tenacity and will to win is evident in our young divers, but the next two to three years will be a critical time for our top juniors. That’s where you can help us.
You will be responsible for implementing diving programmes to assist our divers to achieve their maximum potential, you will run or oversee our Talent Identification and Learn-To-Dive programmes, and you will provide mentoring, direction and guidance to our current coaching team. This role may suit an experienced diving coach looking for a lifestyle change or opportunity to move to a higher level.
It is, however, important that you have proven coaching experience at an international level (ideally minimum 3 years) with at least Australian/Canada Level 2 coaching qualifications (or an equivalent). Any sports administration and management experience and qualifications would be an advantage as well. The position also encompasses responsibility for the organisation and running of our marketing and promotional activities and assisting with our ‘diving in schools’ programme. You will also have good communication and presentation skills.
For complete job description, requirements and information on how to apply, click here.
High Stakes Diving Club – Assistant Age Group Coach (posted 1/22/15)
The High Stakes Diving Club is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our up-and-coming dive team! This position will start out as a part-time hourly position, and for the right candidate, will grow into a permanent, salaried staff position.
Training time is after school and on Saturdays year-round. During the summer, extra income opportunities will include additional hours, summer camps and clinics. The position starts at approximately 18 hours per week with the option of overseeing our recreational program for additional income and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of athletes of all age groups and skill levels, including Novice and JO level divers
- Work with immediate supervisors in developing and administering training programs for the Novice levels, as well as being a back-up support for higher-level programs
- Administer coaching strategies and be a part in developing and implementing new coaching techniques
- Will be the first line of support to staff and will be offered extra hours as needed
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor at all times
- Ability to teach and develop athletes of all age groups and skill levels
- Ability to be flexible, organized, and maintain safety awareness at all times
- Must have good communication skills and be able to withstand pressure
- Coaching must be a top priority.
- Ability to develop and implement workouts and training programs, including dryland, using video-analysis, setting goals and monitoring progress
- Ability to travel and assist at competitions and trips
- Have reliable transportation
- Coaching at the developmental (JO & Novice) level
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong teaching and communication skills
- The ability to act professionally at all times
- Be computer-friendly and have the ability to learn computer programs and processes
USA Diving Safety Training for Coaches
Social media and networking
Competitive Diving Experience
All interested candidates, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
POST A DIVING COACHING POSITION
Looking for that perfect candidate to take your diving program to the next level? Post your job announcement at www.usadiving.org. As a benefit to USA Diving members, USA Diving will post coaching job openings at member clubs for free on the USA Diving website for a period of 30 days. (Advertisements will be limited to 200 words.) Job postings for non-member club coaching positions (NCAA, high school, YMCA) may be submitted for $50 to be posted on the USA Diving website for 30 days. (Advertisements will be limited to 150 words.) All advertisements are subject to editorial review and must be approved by USA Diving. USA Diving reserves the right to deny any submitted requests for advertising. To submit a job posting, please email Jennifer.Lowery@usadiving.org.