Diving is as fun as it is challenging. More than 20 million children participate in organized sports, but only a few thousand of the most talented athletes become divers.
Diving helps young people:
- Improve athletic and motor skills
- Maintain a positive self-image
- Form social skills by interacting with teammates and coaches
- Deal with success and disappointments
- Become well-mannered competitors and leaders
- Explore the world with opportunities to travel and meet new people
Many young divers dream of making their high school team or getting a college scholarship, while others aspire to one day compete in the Olympic Games. Whatever his or her motivation may be, parents are an important part of a young diver’s success. Parents can help young diver’s dreams come true.