Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
USA Diving is committed to supporting and fostering diversity, equity and inclusion among its athletes, coaches, judges, staff, members and fans. We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion are multifaceted and that we need to address these subjects holistically to better engage and support all groups, particularly those who have been historically marginalized and underrepresented. We also recognize that our differences bring richness to the sport of diving and the USA Diving community.
This commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion means that:
- USA Diving will not tolerate discrimination based on age, gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation or any other social identity category and/or defining characteristic.
- USA Diving will cultivate and support an inclusive culture and environment, through programming and education, where all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, nationality, age, socioeconomic background, financial means, marital and family status/makeup, physical ability, health status, neurodiversity, ancestry, and citizenship are supported and able to succeed in the sport of diving.
- USA Diving will allocate resources to fostering equitable and inclusive participation for all athletes as well as growth opportunities for athletes, coaches, judges and staff from diverse backgrounds.
As a community, we believe that sport can be a catalyst to promote positive change in people and society. It is our responsibility as the national governing body for the sport to lead the charge in identifying and removing the barriers that prevent USA Diving from being the diverse, equitable and inclusive community that we know it can be.
Are you interested in helping USA Diving address these diversity, equity and inclusion strategic priorities? Fill out the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion participation form and tell us which initiatives you want to help with! Have questions? E-mail email@example.com
- Increase the representation of women within leadership roles (e.g. coaches, judges, board members, mentors, etc.)
- Increase the representation of racially minoritized populations within leadership positions (e.g. coaches, judges, board members, mentors, etc.)
- Increase the availability of training resources/materials for members of USA Diving focused on equity, diversity and inclusion
- Create equitable opportunities for long-term participation among underrepresented populations, with particular focus on racially minoritized individuals and individuals living in low-income areas.
- Facilitate an inclusive environment for all members of the USA Diving Community particularly those who identify as members of historically marginalized groups (e.g. LGBTQ+ individuals, individuals with disabilities etc.)
- Anchor, solidify and prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion in the policies and procedures of USA Diving.