SafeSport for Members
Education is a key component of any abuse and misconduct prevention strategy. Awareness training provides relevant participants with necessary information to more effectively monitor an organization, minimize the opportunities for physical and sexual abuse and other types of misconduct, and respond to concerns. We want our members to possess the information necessary to more effectively monitor their organization, minimize the opportunities for child physical and sexual abuse and other types of misconduct, and to know how to respond to concerns.
As of December 1, 2019, all USA Diving Athlete (FINA Age 18+), Competition Athlete (FINA Age 18+), Coach, Competition Coach, Lifetime Coach, Judge, and Volunteer/Official members are required to take the U.S. Center for SafeSport’s Core training online. While we understand that this is one more step to the membership renewal process, we also know how important it is to prevent abuse in sport. Receiving the U.S. Center for SafeSport’s training will be a benefit to you and your club.
- SafeSport Core training and Refresher courses
- If you have previously completed the 90-minute SafeSport Core training, you will need to take the SafeSport Refresher course when your training expires. The refresher is a 30-minute course that will be required every membership cycle moving forward.
- To access it, please login HERE
- If you haven’t previously completed the SafeSport Core training, you will need to take the 90-minute core training, which will expire after one membership cycle. After that, the SafeSport Refresher course will be required moving forward.
- To access the training, please log in to your Sports Engine account and locate Safe Sport training.
- If you run into any problems with your SafeSport account, please clickHERE to contact the help desk at SafeSport
- Optional Courses