Decades of USA Diving's Deep History
by USA Diving
USA Diving is excited to learn your story in our beloved sport! We are putting together an Oral History Publication, which will allow you to share your personal experiences and explain how USA Diving has helped shape your lives! We have partnered with PCI, a family-owned business based in Dallas, Texas that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the country for almost 100 years.
WE WANT YOUR STORIES TO BE INCLUDED IN USA DIVING’S ORAL HISTORY PROJECT! DON’T MISS OUT ON LEAVING YOUR MARK ON OUR SPORT’S RICH HISTORY.
Your help in effort for this project helps our organization in so many ways. You will be contacted by mail or email with more information from PCI on how to participate and share your story. We are passionate about preserving our sport’s rich history, and we look forward to hearing your stories.
Thank you in advance for your time and efforts with this project. We are passionate about preserving our sports rich history and we look forward to reading your story!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and a story about USA Diving. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for USA Diving. PCI is a family-owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years. This project allows USA Diving to hear about your personal experiences and for you to explain how USA Diving has helped shape your lives.
2. Does USA Diving benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
a. Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage members
b. Legacy – preserves the history of our organization
c. Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our organization
3. How do I know my information will only be used for Oral History Project purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Oral History Project.
4. I would like to verify or update my information and share a story. How may I do this?
• If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, then ask you to share your story about your time with USA Diving. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to USA Diving at the conclusion of the project.
• If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
• If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated USA Diving update line at (888) 887-7207.
5. Can I choose what information prints in the publication?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com or to the organization directly.
6. I updated my information but need some more time to think about what experience to share.
You can call back at any time to share your story.
7. I shared a story and the representative said I could send a photo. How do I do this?
You will receive an email with a link to upload one photo (black and white or color) plus a caption.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send a physical photo in to be printed (note: the photo will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
8. Can anyone purchase a book?
The USA Diving Oral History Publication is available for sale to USA Diving members and those who are no longer members and wish to participate.
9. When will I receive my book?
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in September 2022, the books will be distributed in September 2023.
10. I ordered a book / package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.